Mr Dhant is a social development professional with more than 10 years of experience of working in the field of public health and social dynamics. He is knowledgeable on programme planning, implementation, monitoring, coordination, social mobilization and office management. He has worked in coordination with various government stakeholders in different programs. Further, he has achieved the capacity of advocacy, institutional development, behavior communication, training facilitation and resource management.
He is currently working as District Coordinator at HERD for the Multi-sector Nutrition Plan. Prior to joining HERD, he worked in the coordination of different governmental and non-governmental organizations. He has skills on health system strengthening, HIV and AIDS, Health and Nutrition, Education and lots of community developmental stuffs. Mr Dhant has diverse knowledge and experience related to planning, implementation and monitoring of the various issues like; Health System Strengthening, HIV and AIDS, GESI, health and nutrition, good governance, human rights, community mobilization, working with multi-sector stakeholders. He holds a Masters degree in Health Education (M.Ed.) from Tribhuwan University, Nepal.
Work undertaken that best illustrates capacity to handle the tasks assigned
- District Coordinator-Mugu (February 6, 2017 to continue) at HERD: responsible for proper implementation of Multi-sector Nutrition Plan in Dolpa district of Nepal
- Project Officer-Health (September 21, 2015 to February 5, 2017) at CARE Nepal- Awasar Project funded by Denmark: responsible for implementation of Awasar project in Mugu and Bajura.
- Field/Program Coordinator (July 1, 2013 to September 20, 2015) at GSTDS, Bajhang- Suaahara I funded by USAID: responsible for programme planning, monitoring and overall management.
- Project Coordinator (July 7, 2011 to June 30, 2013) at PeaceWin, Bajura- Bharosa Project in partnership of CARE Nepal funded by Danida: responsible for programme planning, implementation, monitoring and overall management.
- Community Mobilization Expert cum Training Coordinator (January 2011 to June 2011) at YAC Nepal- Second Small Towns Water Supply and Sanitation Sector Project (SSTWSSSP) funded by World Bank: responsible for programme planning and implementation with trainings to the beneficiary group in Kailali.
- Programme Officer (July 2010 to December 2010) at YAC Nepal- Right to Food Programme- responsible for programme planning and implementation in Kailali.
- District Health Monitor/ Assistant Monitoring Officer (December 2008 to June 2010) at CARE Nepal- Pro Poor Health Policy Monitoring Project in the partnership of RTI: responsible for monitoring, reporting, representation in Udayapur.
- Health Supervisor (November 2004 to September 2007) at CARE Nepal- Child Survival Project: responsible for implementation and monitoring of programme in Bajhang.
- Teacher (November 2003 to November 2004) at Amar Shahid Primary School, Mahendranagar, Kanchanpur: responsible for teaching English and Mathematics to the primary level students.